Monday, October 31, 2011

Saint Augustine's Confessions Part 4

Augustine has a way with words.  Once you get past the initial difficulty of reading the older language it is beautiful.  He can get straight to the heart of the matter.

"You knew what was going on within me.  No human did.  My lips could disseminate little of it to even my closest friends.  How could I find the time or the eloquence to report all the ravages of my soul?"

This semester has been a time of looking at big questions and trying to wrap my head around them in new ways. There has been a lot to think about and the combination of reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and now Augustine is giving me a little bit a whiplash.
Augustine can put into words things that are difficult to articulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment